San Juan Development Association has worked directly with San Juan County, the Town of Silverton and a number of local and regional partners to play an active role in the vision, planning, design, development, funding, coordination, and sale of homes which are affordable and attainable to Silverton’s workforce, whether active or retired. San Juan County is currently involved in the development of a 12 acre site for deed-restricted workforce housing(see below for more information).
San Juan Development Association has played an active role in:
- Managing the affordable/attainable/workforce housing Waiting List
- Varrying out pre-qualification process for potential buyers
- Developing deed-restrictions for housing developments
- Construction of 16 workforce housing units in Silverton
- Carrying out an Affordable Housing Needs Study for San Juan County, completed in April, 2008.
- Developing a Community Housing Plan for Silverton and San Juan County, to be delivered in early 2009.
- Advocacy for local projects and funding with state and regional housing agencies.
- Spearheading regular meetings with local and regional housing stakeholders.San Juan County is currently recruiting individuals, couples and qualified families, who are interested in affordable, attainable, or market-rate homes. Homes will be built in the Anvil Mountain Neighborhood.The affordable and attainable, deed restricted homes will be available to year round residents who live and are employed in San Juan County. The market rate homes do not come with restrictions. Please give San Juan County a call at 970-387-5766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- There is a lot of excellent info regarding tankless water heaters over on www.swiftconsumer.com so have a look as these devices do wonders for your home.
Downloads, Applications and Information
- Affordable Housing Needs Study for Silverton and San Juan County
- Community Housing Plan for Silverton and San Juan County
- Walsh Smelter/Anvil Mountain Development Guide
- Walsh Smelter/Anvil Mountain Site PlanPlease give San Juan County a call at 970-387-5766 or email email@example.com for more information.